The The P&WV Hi-Line
P&WV Technical and Historical Interest Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom art work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PWVJer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5: 40 pm    Post subject: Custom art work Reply with quote

If you can, and when you get a chance, put some up on the BB. I'm sure many of the fans
who don't do the scale thing would like to see these.
If you like, you can do it at a high-res or low DPI. We can put them-up on the Model Pages as well.
jayrod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10: 25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance... Here's a couple of questions:

Is the registration for the photo gallery different than the bulletin board?

Is there a size restriction on uploaded images? The logo bitmaps are 1.5 to 2 MB. The hi-res decal PDFs are under 35 KB so they shouldn't be a problem.

I can post a sample image of the TrueType font and email it to other interested users if the font file can't be posted for downloading.

Thanks for your patience with a posting newbie...
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6: 11 pm    Post subject: Posting files Reply with quote

Registration on the photo gallery is seperate from the bulletin board.
File size should be kept under 500k. When uploading, the gallery program should reduce the size of the file to a pre-assigned limit.
Let us know if you have any problems or questions.

JR / JZ
jayrod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12: 27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrwork is now posted in the photo gallery. Comments, suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated.
PWVJer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2: 40 pm    Post subject: Great Job! Reply with quote

Hey!!! Great Job...now lets see if some of our scale model fans can put them to good use.

Thanks again, we know it's not as easy as it looks.
JZ/JR.
jayrod

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9: 05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope these will be useful to someone other than just me. I'm scaling the decal sets down to N Scale and I'll post those when finished. This started as a small project to make a suitable decal set, then it SNOWBALLED... (Yikes!).

The headlight numbers aren't in a correct font but when scaled down it's hard to tell. If anyone has any info on them, I'll try to generate a font file so they'll be correct.

Also, if anyone wants a copy of the PWV Roman font file for use on your computer to make your own signs or graphics, contact me off-line via email and I will forward a copy to you (font files can't be posted to the gallery).

The decal sheet PDF files are in RGB composite for most home printers. If you want CMYK composite or two-color separations for pre-press (CMYK or spot, for commercial printers) in PDF format, let me know.

The round logos are also available in large bitmaps so the equivalent resolution will be much higher than the posted GIF files.

Let me know if I can improve this stuff. It's been a fun project so far.
thirteen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2: 28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your files are definitely useful to others, thank you very much for creating them! There has been an Athearn light mikado sitting around for quite a long time waiting for me to figure out how to decal it; it had originally been purchased to become a NEB&W engine but was repurposed after I moved. Unfortunately, the H-7 decals tempt me to try to reletter my BLI 1053...maybe someday. Thanks again for these very helpful files,
Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The P&WV Hi-Line Forum Index -> Messages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: